The Elder Scrolls Online wraps up the 2021 Gates of Oblivion storyline by taking players to the Deadlands, Mehrunes Dagon's personal plane of Oblivion. As the fourth and final DLC of the Blackwood expansion, Deadlands introduces a new zone to explore, several new armor sets, new delves and world bosses, a variety of new collectibles, as well as the gigantic city of Fargrave.
This collection of guides, tips, walkthroughs, and other information about the new Elder Scrolls Online DLC should help any player find a proper foothold in the deadly Daedric plane of the Deadlands. Be sure to check back on this Complete Guide regularly, as new guides and other related Deadlands content will be added as the expansion continues.
Updated November 5, 2021 by Erik Petrovich: This Complete Guide to the Deadlands has been updated to include a variety of new guides alongside an updated organization of topics. Three of these new guides cover various collectibles of the new Elder Scrolls Online DLC, including new Skyshards, new Antiquities, and new Furniture. There is also now a guide covering the enigmatic Wandering Bosses in the Deadlands, as well as a guide covering the Daily Quests available in Fargrave.
Getting Started in the Deadlands
The Deadlands DLC picks up right after the conclusion of the Blackwood chapter, which focused on the Four Ambitions of Mehrunes Dagon. The DLC also introduces some major changes to several game mechanics, such as the introduction of the Armory system and sweeping changes to armor set RNG.
It's strongly recommended that players complete the Blackwood storyline (along with the Flames of Ambition and Waking Flame DLC packs) before setting out for the Deadlands, as the story will make more sense and, ultimately, feel like more of a complete experience. Additionally, there's a special finale questline only available for players who have completed both the Blackwood and Deadlands questlines.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Things You Should Know Before Starting The Deadlands DLC
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Start The Deadlands DLC
- Elder Scrolls Online Deadlands: Best Changes In Update 32
- Elder Scrolls Online: A Guide To Deadlands Daily Quests
- Elder Scrolls Online: Complete Guide To The Armory System
Deadlands Skyshards and Boss Guides
World Bosses are added to The Elder Scrolls Online alongside zone-oriented expansions, offering players a challenge that can normally only be completed with a group. There are two World Bosses with named locations in the Deadlands, but they aren't the only major threat in the zone – there are also three Wandering Executioner bosses unique to the Deadlands DLC.
Taking on these Bosses by oneself is not normally advisable, especially not for the Wandering Bosses who are notably stronger than their normal World Boss counterparts. The Deadlands also adds six new Skyshards for players to discover for a total of two new Skill Points for players to strengthen up just a little bit more.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Every Deadlands Skyshard Location
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Beat Deadlands World Bosses
- Elder Scrolls Online: Deadlands Wandering Executioner Bosses Guide
Deadlands Collectibles and Cosmetics
Collectible items and cosmetics are included with just about every Elder Scrolls Online expansion, and the Deadlands DLC is no exception. There are hundreds of new items for players to hunt down in Mehrunes Dagon's plane of Oblivion, as well as in Fargrave, as well as plenty of achievement-related content to unlock too.
Some collectibles require players to take on lengthy and often difficult side content, like the Master-level Antiquities that are required to unlock Deadlands Mythics. Be patient and set your sights on a specific reward to make the best use of your time.
- Elder Scrolls Online Deadlands: Every New Title (And How To Get Them)
- Elder Scrolls Online: Every New Antiquity In The Deadlands DLC
- Elder Scrolls Online: The Best Deadlands Furniture (And How To Get Them)
Deadlands Item Sets Guides
There are nine new item sets that are introduced in The Elder Scrolls Online: Deadlands. Three of these sets are craftable, three are found in the overworld, and three are Mythic-level item sets that must be forged from fragments acquired through several new Master-level Leads.
While nobody knows exactly how these armor sets will affect the metagame of The Elder Scrolls Online, they are well worth seeking out for their new bonuses. Plus, with the new Curated Item system for armor sets, it's easier than ever to complete the set (except, of course, for Mythic items).
Overall List of Item Sets
Mythic Item Sets
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Markyn Ring of Majesty
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get Belharza's Band
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Spaulder of Ruin
Crafted Item Sets
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Wretched Vitality Set (And What It Does)
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Deadlands Demolisher Set (And What It Does)
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Iron Flask Set (And What It Does)
Overworld Item Sets
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Eye of the Grasp Set (And What It Does)
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Hexos Ward Set (And What It Does)
- Elder Scrolls Online: How To Get The Kynmarcher's Cruelty Set (And What It Does)
The Elder Scrolls Online is available for PC, PlayStation 4 and 5, and Xbox One and Series X|S
Art Direction is a key aspect of any video game, and while five games have been nominated, only one can take away the coveted Game Award statue.